Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays

have lighted fools The way to dusty death.

Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow,

a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more:

it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing


Monday

And the Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

I just renewed my domain name for the next five years, which marks my first year of publication. Increasingly I find myself to be asked to help voice the opinions of different causes. Today I found myself asked to help promote one website that is very important to me, when I read atop the message board the words "Help us spread the word". And a request to add a link to different myspace accounts.

Well, I don't actually have a myspace account, however I do have other sights I frequent....

This has been an issue I have wrestled with for some time, because I respect the privacy of my friends, yet at the same time I know our message must be spread.

You see for years many of us suffered in silence. There was no where to turn. The internet changed all of that. We had a place at last where we could speak without endangering ourselves to the casual barbs of shame and ridicule.

And it is here that the underground was formed, and we began to reach out to each other from all around the world. Together we found that we had nothing to be ashamed of.

So over the past year, I've talked to your children, and we've shared our secrets, ours fears,and our dreams. And I've discovered that your children have far more courage and wisdom than you might know.

Together, we have learned that our problems have been kept inhouse for far to long, and it is for this reason the violence continues.

It is time for our stories to be heard, and to be discussed, in our churches, our schools, and our media. To be discussed by our leaders, in the halls of the Senate, and the House of Representatives. And taken at last before the eyes of the President.

For it is in our love for one another, our compassion, and our courage that we we have found our dignity.

We have found the Courage to break the Silence.

Have You?

After Silence

No comments:

Post a Comment