Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,

To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays

have lighted fools The way to dusty death.

Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow,

a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more:

it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing


Saturday

Flotsam And Jetsam


Its been a long time since I wrote for my blog. Of course it has been a busy year. I left last year on a new adventure, a new profession. It has been good to me. For the first time in my working life, I have financial security, and despite the hours, I enjoy driving. I see much of the country, and it gets a little smaller everyday. I imagine in 20 years, it will be like the back of my hand.

 Of course, one of the benefits of driving, is that I spend a lot of time studying. I listen to audio books in route, and I spend my days with the greatest minds of all time. This has given me a new perspective on how to continue.

Of course, I have been writing in the meanwhile, pen and paper.  I’ve never been good about editing though and I prefer a free flow of thought. In this regard, the blog has always worked well. Perhaps, one day I will publish, for now, this gives me a daily exercise. At least that is my new plan. To write a little every day. I have a new computer, and Microsoft word, and I will go from there.

I can’t say that anyone will ever read my blog. I’ve never been good at social networking. I don’t care to advertise, and I don’t really need to. I’m not doing this for a living. I write to focus my thoughts. To know what it is that I believe, what it is that I actually stand for.

This is a quality that is so often lost in pop society. We float around in the flotsam of the daily headlines, and we never know ourselves. It is just a whisper in the darkness, always present, yet somehow lost in the shuffle.

So with this in mind, I have returned to my blog, in the hopes, that perhaps, I might find myself. And maybe in the course of my journey, others will join me, and take comfort, that there is another, out there, wandering about, for the smallest glimpse of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment